March 20, 2013

Otis Redding - Hard to Handle b/w Amen (ATCO, 1968)


I have to admit it, "Hard to Handle" is a song the Black Crowes taught me. It's not unusual that the first cover I listen, that'll be my favorite. But sometimes... it's just not in that way. Dear friends and subscribers, Otis Redding was the man. Crap, he IS still the man. Originals or covers, it doesn't matter, this man appropriated every song he put his hands on. Listen to his "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" cover and dare to say me no —by the way, when the cover came up there were a lot of jokes about who was covering who, and we are talkin' about the fuckin' Stones in their most glorious era! So, screw the Crowes, guys, this is the real material! This one was one of the multiple posthumous recordings that appeared after Redding's death in 1967. "Hard to Handle" b/w "Amen" was released in June 1968 and reached the #51 in pop US charts. Don't forget to listen "Amen" too; if you think that sacred music is boring, just look what a real good performer could do with it. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be welcome. Spam will be deleted.

LinkWithin