March 18, 2013

Thee Spivs - It's True b/w Taped up (Almost Ready Records, 2011)


You fall in love with someone, with something. You know, that sometimes happened, and as the Who sang, "you can't explain". You just let it be. Why this particular song, why this very band, why this specific record? Who cares? The thing is that you just love it. And that's how I felt in love with Thee Spivs. Since the first time I listened one of their songs. It was "I Don't Wanna It", and thank to Goddess the day my mate Critical + posted it in his Rock 'n' Roll Saved My Soul. Since then, I became a fan. The "It's True" b/w "Taped up" 7" (2011) contains another two catchy, terrific songs to add to their own list of catchy and terrific songs. Their mixture of punk '77, new wave, power pop and ramonesque sound is not new. Not even original. But they're fuckin' good. Why they? I just... can't explain. Let's enjoy; the new three-chord wonders are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be welcome. Spam will be deleted.

LinkWithin